Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cabin Fever: The Saga Continues...


I attempted an abortive escape this morning. Yesterday afternoon saw a bit of a thaw and by this morning it looked as if Snowpocalypse 2012 was winding down. The road out seemed clear and I thought I'd head into the office.

However, after going a mile down the road and finding it still pretty tricky, I decided to turn back and work at home again. I at least had the chance to stop by the store and stock up on food. Now I won't be forced to eat the cats—or be eaten by them.

As soon as I parked at the store, the snow started coming down. It hasn't stopped since.

I have no idea how long the snow will stay. A few years back, I was housebound for a week as the snow fell, partially melted, fell again, melted, fell again, etc.

One needed supply I got at the store was sweets. I had no idea how much a sugar junkie I am until I found myself craving something sweet. Maybe it was just the inability to procure some that had me going. Now that I have what I craved, I'm not so eager for it. It's just comforting to know that when I want it, I'll have it in spades.

1 comment: