Thursday, September 11, 2008

People of Puget Sound, I apologize


A few weeks ago, I went to the Starbucks on 24th Street in Redmond, WA. It was there that I had perhaps one the the tastiest treats ever: a Cherry Almond Multigrain Scone. Since that day, I have asked for the Cherry Almond Multigrain Scone at several Starbucks in the region, only to be told that they are out or that they've never heard of it.

It's the Sullivan Curse™.

I learned long ago to my deep chagrin that I have the power to destroy the best foods and snacks on the market simply by liking them. Several discontinued flavors of Tim's chips? I did that. Larry's lobster cakes? Mea culpa. All those long lost Ben & Jerry's flavors? Mea maxima culpa.

The Cherry Almond Multigran Scone may be yet another victim--at least in my immediate area, which encompasses the Puget Sound area of Washington state. From Everett to Olympia, all along the I-5 and I-405 corridor, the Cherry Almond Multigrain Scone has disappeared. It's all my fault. People of Puget Sound, I apologize.

(BTW, if any of you love those nasty pumpkin scones, rest assured. I hate 'em. They'll be available for many years to come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment